This month The Locker Room is pleased to welcome diver Molly Carlson. Molly is the 2014 Junior Elite National Champion in 1M & 3M competition and is part of Diving Canada’s 2014 Junior National Team. She recently competed at the Youth Olympic Games this past summer in Nanjing, China where she placed 8th in 3M and 11th in 10M competition.
Molly is also part of CSIO’s Ontario High Performance Sport Initiative (OHPSI) program through Dive Ontario, where she will receive support from CSIO in an array of areas including sport science and sport medicine services, assisting her as she works toward achieving more podium performances in the future.
Find out more about Molly in The Locker Room:
Name: Molly Carlson
Hometown: Fort Frances, ON
Where do you live/train now: Thunder Bay, ON
Team/Club: Thunder Bay Diving Club (TBDC)
Twitter Handle: @MollyDives
1. How did you get started in your sport?
I did summer camps, then quit gymnastics because I liked diving better.
2. Who has had the biggest impact on your career in sport?
My mom and I look up to Pamela Ware.
3. What is your favourite pre-competition meal?
Pasta and meatballs.
4. Do you have any superstitions?
Too many! (ex. Black cats, lucky pair of socks in my dive bag)
5. What is your favourite ‘cheat’ meal?
McChicken with McFlurry!
6. Do you have any hidden talents?
I’m a long distance runner.
7. What was the last book you read?
The Fault in our Stars.
8. What is your favourite competition city?
I really love Winnipeg and Dresden (Germany).
9. What is your most embarrassing moment in sport?
Faulting a dive on 1M in competition.
10. What exercise do you dread the most?
Squats and burpies!
11. What was the last picture you took on your phone?
A selfie of me and my dad.
12. Who would play you in the movie of your life?
Jayma Mays (Emma Pillsbury on Glee).