Looking back at the difference makers in our lives, it’s often a COACH that comes to mind. On Saturday April 13, at the start of Ontario Coaches Week, please join us downtown at the Scotiabank Theatre in Toronto for the celebration of the 2013 Ontario Coaching Excellence Awards.
Nine exceptional Coaches from across Ontario will walk the red carpet and star on the big screen as we celebrate the dedication and commitment of exemplary individuals who inspire, innovate and share knowledge of sport with others.
What: Hosted by the Coaches Association of Ontario in celebration of Ontario Coaches Week, April 13 - 21, 2013. The morning will begin with a breakfast at 9:00 am, followed by short films and awards presentation from 10:00am..
Who: Award Winners, family and friends, Provincial Sport Organization Representatives and Nominators
MPP: Laura Albanese, Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport, Government of Ontario
Emcee: Scott Russell, CBC Sports Weekend Host
2013 Ontario Coaching Excellence Award Winners:
- Gus Badali- Grass Roots Coach (Male), Ten Pin Bowling, Kingston
- Allie Lewis - Grass Roots Coach (Female), Para Dressage, Ashburn
- Tammy Short - School Sport Coach (Female), Beamsville
- Francois Belle-Isle -School Sport Coach (Male), Hawkesbury
- Marilyn Suke - Good-to-Great Coach (Female), Nordic Skiing, Owen Sound
- Rob Good - Good-to-Great Coach (Male), Cycling, Waterloo
- Suren Torosyants - Trailblazer Coach, Gymnastics, Toronto
- Kyle Jeffery - Everyone Matters Coach, Canoe/Kayak, Mississauga
- Henry Brunton - Andy Higgins Lifetime Achievement Award, Golf, Stouffville
Where: Scotiabank Theatre (2nd Floor), 259 Richmond St. West, Toronto (Parking available underground. Access from Richmond)
The Coaches Association of Ontario (CAO) is proud to recognize the men and women who coach in Ontario. In addition, the winner of our first ever “MY Coach” video contest will also be announced from our four finalists. The event is open to the sport community, media and supporters. For ticket information, visit www.coachesontario.ca or contact Laura Wilson at 416-426-7139 or email@example.com.