CSIO and Game Plan are excited to invite you to apply to participate in a 2-day public speaking workshop, hosted by Speaker Labs. This exclusive opportunity is open to a small number of athletes to ensure that everyone has plenty of hands-on experience during the course. This is an incredible opportunity to improve your public speaking skills and we encourage all those interested in this area to apply, regardless of your level of experience or comfort with public speaking.
- Date: Thursday, February 27 and Friday, February 28
- Time: 9am - 4pm both days
- Location: CSIO, 875 Morningside Avenue, Suite 100, Toronto, ON M1C 0C7
- Eligibility: AAP carded or recently retired
- Group size: 10 athletes
- Cost: FREE! The cost of this course will either be covered by the athlete’s AAP tuition support, or by Game Plan if funds are not available.
“I do a lot of public speaking in my role, and the benefit I was able to gain from this course with regards to my own presentation skills was both immediate and significant. This course is something I would recommend to anyone who has an interest in public speaking, or would like to improve their communication skills.” Rolf Wagschal, Game Plan Advisor
Applications will be accepted until January 31 and successful applicants will be notified the first week of February.
About the Speaker Labs Course:
“Communication is considered one of the most valuable skills in life and business. We use our natural human abilities to communicate every day. We convey ideas, motivate action, connect with peers - yet when it comes to speaking in front of groups of people or large audiences, something weird happens…
We become afraid of what people will think, of how they’ll receive our ideas, and we worry about how we’ll perform. Whether you’re deeply fearful of public speaking, or simply want to take your game to the next level, let us help you unlock your communication potential.
In this two day course you’ll learn:
- How to tell meaningful stories (Storytelling)
- How to optimize your body and voice to captivate (Delivery)
- How to create visual aids that complement your presentation (Visuals)
Join former Ivey Business School Faculty and the Co-Founders of Speaker Labs, Eric Silverberg and Eli Gladstone, for an experience that will radically transform you as a communicator.
Public speaking will never feel the same to you again!”
Submit your brief application here by January 31. Those selected will be contacted by February 7.