BPE, McMaster University
MSc, University of Toronto
Sheldon has been coaching for over 30 years and started training national team athletes in 1991. His initial involvement with CSIO began in 2001 when it was known as the National Sports Centre. In addition to coaching thousands of people over his career (from weekend warriors to summer and winter Olympians), Sheldon has 25 years of experience with management, staffing, and programming for athlete conditioning centers and fortune 500 company facilities.
Sheldon is also an author, former radio and TV show segment host, and an award winning conference presenter. He has developed courses for coaches and continues to teach at a local college.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Canadian Institute of Stress and the Hans Selye Foundation
- Certified Professional Trainers Network (Award of Merit)
- Physiological and Psychological Effects of Overtraining and Detraining In Athletes
- Athlete Monitoring and Performance
- Mid-Season Coach Turnover and Team Performance
- Stress and Performance