BSc. Honours Co-op - Kinesiology, University of Waterloo
MSc. - Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph
After completing her Honours Co-op Undergraduate Degree in Kinesiology from the University of Waterloo, Sam graduated with her Master’s Degree from the Human Health and Nutritional Sciences department at the University of Guelph. At Guelph, Sam researched nutrition-based recovery strategies for athletes, linked hydration research with industry during an externship and won a national championship as part of the Women’s Rugby Team in 2011.
Before working at CSIO in a full-time capacity, Sam was the strength and conditioning coach working with cycling and beach volleyball. She continues to lecture at Sheridan College in the Kinesiology and Health Promotion department where she also led the department’s Strength and Conditioning Internship Program for the last two years.
- College of Kinesiology of Ontario - Regulated Kinesiologist
- National Strength and Conditioning Association - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Early Athlete Development
- Optimal Shoulder Mechanics
- Athlete Monitoring and Performance