The Toronto Sport Hall of Honour is accepting nominations! Please see the attached flyer for the link to the nomination forms and full program details. We look forward to receiving your nomination(s) by Monday October 1st.
The Toronto Sport Hall of Honour celebrates the exceptional contributions and accomplishments of those who have inspired and/or brought recognition to the City of Toronto through sport. Nominations from all levels of performance and ability are welcome.
This initiative is made possible by Toronto’s Host City Showcase Program, which builds upon the success of the Toronto 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games, ensuring a legacy of long-term community benefits for Toronto.
This year’s Induction Ceremony was held April 27, fourteen worthy inductees were inducted and recognized on the Toronto Sport Hall of Honour recognition wall located at the Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre (see image attached):
- Dr. Justine Blainey-Broker, Spirit of Sport Diversity and Inclusion
- Bruce Kidd, Builder
- MLSE Foundation, Corporate Builder
- Jeffery Steiman, Special Olympics Athlete of the Year
- Gohulan Rajalingam, Special Olympics Athlete of the Year
- Andre De Grasse, Athlete of the Year
- Penny Oleksiak, Athlete of the Year
- Marissa Papaconstantinou, Para-Athlete of the Year
- Canadian Women’s Olympic 4x100m Relay Swim Team, Team of the Year
- Ben Titley, Coach of the Year
- Cindy Nicholas, Sport Legend
- Vicky Sunohara, Sport Legend
- Tom Longboat, Sport Legend
- David Ross, CITY OF SPORT Lifetime Achievement
Recognizing hard work and dedication, that often goes unnoticed, will only take a few minutes of your time!
We look forward to receiving your nomination(s) by October 1st.