This month The Locker Room welcomes Wheelchair Athletics athlete Wesley Vick.
Wesley has competed in numerous Canadian and international track events, as well as in the Boston and New York Marathons. Wesley had a record year in 2014, with a great performance at the IPC Grand Prix in Nottwill, Switzerland, he climbed up the IPC world rankings to 16th in the 400m and 15th in the 800m events.
Wesley now focuses his training toward representing Canada at the 2015 Parapan Am Games in Toronto and the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio. Part of which sees Wesley training in CSIO’s Strength & Conditioning space and utilizing our private stretch of track (which leads into the main 200m track at TPASC, which he also uses).
Wesley also appeared in Travel Ontario’s commercial “INVADE” promoting the 2015 Pan and Parapan Am Games: Click here to watch it.
Learn more about Wesley in The Locker Room.
Name: Wesley Vick
Where do you live/train now: Toronto, ON
1. How did you get started in your sport?
I attended a “Try It” camp at the University of Western Ontario.
2. Who has had the biggest impact on your career in sport?
Ueli Albert and Tim Sills
3. What is your favourite pre-competition meal?
Bran Flakes with Bananas
4. What is your favourite ‘cheat’meal?
Five Guy’s Burger and Fries!
5. What was the last book you read?
6. What is your favourite competition city?
7. What is your most embarrassing moment in sport?
I took a wrong turn during the Niagara Marathon.
8. What exercise do you dread the most?
90 minute road workouts.
9. What was the last picture you took on your phone?
Picture of the engagement ring!
10. Who would play you in a movie of your life?