This month we welcome archer, Vanessa Lee to The Locker Room.
Vanessa is a member Archery Canada’s National Team and was recently chosen as one of 67 athletes to be part of CIBC’s Team Next program. A proud CSIO athlete, Vanessa has her sights set on representing Canada at the 2015 Pan American Games in Toronto and the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Vanessa took a few minutes at CSIO’s recent Athlete Advance workshop to answer our fun Q & A. Here is what Vanessa had to say:
Name: Vanessa Lee
Hometown: Toronto, ON
Where do you live/train now: Toronto, ON
Team/Club: Bullseye Buccaneers
Twitter Handle: @Miss_VanessaLee
Personal Website: facebook.com/vanessaleearchery
1. How did you get started in your sport?
I watched it during the 2004 Olympics in Athens.
2. Who has had the biggest impact on your career in sport?
My coach, Joan McDonald.
3. What is your favourite pre-competition meal?
Quinoa and lemon chicken. Yum!
4. Do you have any superstitions?
I like having the exact same warm-up routine and having my arrow counter at 0.
5. What is your favourite ‘cheat’ meal?
6. Do you have any hidden talents?
I like playing hip hop covers on my ukulele.
7. What was the last book you read?
The Inside Edge by Dr. Peter Jensen
8. What is your favourite competition city?
Ogden, Utah, USA
9. What is your most embarrassing moment in sport?
When trying out for my high school softball team, an older girl came by and slapped my behind while I was changing thinking I was her friend. I was not.
10. What exercise do you dread the most?
11. What was the last picture you took on your phone?
Photo with Pachi at the TO2015 offices.
12. Who would play you in a movie on your life?
Jennifer Lawrence - I can dream right?
Check out Vanessa’s #WeArePanAm video to learn why she thinks that Toronto hosting the Pan Am Games is such a good fit!