This month The Locker Room is pleased to welcome figure skater Dylan Moscovitch!
Dylan, along with his new partner Lubov Iliushechkina won silver in the pair’s event at the National Figure Skating Championships last week in Kingston, ON. The silver medal adds to the new pair’s growing collection of hardware, which includes a gold medal from their first international appearance together at the Warsaw Cup in November 2014.
Dylan, with former partner Kristen Moore-Towers, is also an Olympic silver medallist in the Figure Skating Team Event at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. They finished fifth in the pair’s event at the Games.
Dylan and Lubov now look to prepare for their next challenge, representing Canada at the ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships in Seoul, Korea in February, and the ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Shanghai, China in March.
Learn more about Dylan in the The Locker Room:
Name: Dylan Moscovitch
Sport: Figure Skating
Where do you live/train now: Toronto
Team/Club: Toronto Cricket, Skating & Curling Club
Twitter Handle: @DylanMoscovitch
1. How did you get started in your sport?
A Learn to Skate program when I was 2 years old.
2. Who has had the biggest impact on your career in sport?
My parents have had the biggest impact on my career.
3. What is your favourite pre-competition meal?
Pasta with veggies and chicken.
4. Do you have any superstitions?
I have to put my left skate on first!
5. What is your favourite ‘cheat’ meal?
Pulled Pork Poutine!!!
6. Do you have any hidden talents?
I am a martial arts instructor.
7. What was the last book you read?
Rafael Nadal’s biography.
8. What is your favourite competition city?
9. What is your most embarrassing moment in sport?
I fell at a Grand Prix in a crossed split position.
10. What exercise do you dread the most?
Turkish get ups!
11. What was the last picture you took on your phone?
A picture of my dad wearing a napkin!
12. Who would play you in a movie of your life?