CSIO would like to help ensure that all Canadian athletes and mission staff travelling to the Summer Games in Rio stay as healthy as possible.
Of course, Canadian physicians will be with you in Rio, but some of these precautions require action before you go there, so please read this now, and act on anything you need to do to be fully protected before, during, and after your trip to Brazil.
In this article, you will find our advice on the following issues:
- General travel medicine advice
- Routine vaccines
- Flu shots
- Vaccines against sexually-transmitted infections
- Travel-specific immunizations (depend on destinations)
- Traveller’s diarrhea immunization
- Protection against mosquito-borne illnesses