MSc (candidate), Sport Nutrition, University of Sterling
IOC Diploma in Sport Nutrition
ISAK Level 3 Anthropometrist
Certified Bone Densitometry
BSc, Food and Nutrition, University of Western
Erik Sesbreno is a sport dietitian at the Canadian Sport Institute Ontario, and lead sport dietitian at l’Institut National du Sport du Quebec. He works with targeted athletes and coaches to develop and deliver world-class nutrition support in the daily training environment, assist with body composition management, conduct nutritional assessments to determine nutritional requirements and develop evidence-based nutrition plans focused on the needs of the sport and the athlete. He also conducts, collaborates in and evaluates research and innovation projects to further the discipline.
He is a certified bone densitometry technologist and an ISAK level 3 anthropometrist. He has developed proficiency at using dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) and surface anthropometry for assessing and monitoring body composition changes in high performance athletes. He receives multiple requests annually to operate ISAK accreditation courses for professionals in high performance sports across in North America.
- College of Dietitians of Ontario
- Dietitian of Canada Sport Nutrition Network
- Sport Dietitian of Australia
- International Society for the Advancement of Kianthropometry
- International Society of Clinical Densitometry
- Influence of Body Composition and Physique Traits on Performance
- Effects of Relatively Energy Deficiency in Sports (RED-S) on Health and Performance
- Nutrition Strategies to Enhance Recovery from Injuries
- Supplementation and Performance