MSc. Exercise Physiology with Distinction, Loughborough University
BSc. Sport & Exercise Science, University of Bath
Emily is passionate for applied sport science and enjoys working as a performance scientist at CSIO, particularly within high performance cycling. She has already been involved with Cycling Canada for the last few years, providing Performance Analysis support at various international competitions.
Emily’s postgraduate studies at Loughborough University included research in collaboration with the English Institute of Sport. Earlier, she graduated with a Bachelor of Science after completing a 12-month placement at Cycling Australia/AIS. Her education, combined with working as an Exercise Physiologist with Loughborough Sport, have provided an essential foundation of knowledge and experience of working with elite athletes, coaches and staff to ultimately enhance performance. She has also previously worked as a Junior Sport Scientist with Cycling Australia/Australian Institute of Sport on a year’s professional placement as part of her BSc, supporting the national track sprint program with daily monitoring of training and the provision of sport science support during national and international competition.
- International Society of Performance Analysis of Sport Accredited Performance Analyst (Level 2)
- Member of British Association of Sport & Exercise Sciences
- Acute Physiological Strategies to Enhance Performance (Particularly Ischaemic Preconditioning)
- Understanding of Multi-Disciplinary Performance Demands and Support
- Physiological Monitoring/Modeling of Training and Adaptation
- Technical and Tactical Analysis of Specific Events and Performance Profiling